Friday 30 September 2011

Films for the weekend

I'm reverting back to my teens this weekend and babysitting my lovely cousin's little baby girl. So, in true teenage style I must plan my evening's viewing... and what do I find...? That I am spoilt for choice!

This Saturday night will be a veritable feast of films for UK film-lovers. On channel 4 at 7:25pm Hugh Jackman enjoys his own hairy spin-off in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Co-starring Liev Schrieber and Will.I.Am this is a good mindless fun film and perfect Saturday viewing.

If, though, you prefer something a little more intellectual then Frost/Nixon will be on BBC2 at 9:45pm starring the sublime Frank Langella as Richard Nixon and Michael Sheen as David Frost. The film surrounds the infamous interview Frost was granted after the Watergate scandal rocked US politics. The two leads are intoxicating from start to finish and it's a fascinating look into accountability and media coverage of "the facts".

For comedy fans, 10:45pm on ITV sees the Winchester, a shotgun and a crap load of zombies as Shaun takes on the dead in Shaun of the Dead starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Penelope Wilton, Bill Nighy and some of the greatest comedic talents in the UK today.

So whatever you're in the mood for this weekend... looks like the TV has it covered! Brill!

No comments:

Post a Comment