Friday 14 October 2011

The Woman in Black gets a new trailer

Possibly one of the biggest book to film conversions of recent years, as it's also been converted into a hit west end play, The Woman in Black is based on a book written by Susan Hill. It is the tale of Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), a young lawyer sent to a house in a remote village to settle a dead woman’s estate, only to discover that the villagers are scared to go near the house and believe a curse remains. What is the secret to the woman in black and will Kipps discover it before the curse reaches him too…?

Directed by James Watkins, The Woman in Black sees Daniel Radcliffe in his first major role post Harry Potter and, if the new trailer is anything to go by, looks to be just as scary as it's earlier manifestations.

Have you read the book or seen the play? Do you think the film will be any good? And does anyone else feel really Harry Potter nostalgic with the snippet of him on a train...?

Check out the trailer below and let me know in the comments section what you think.

The film is due to hit UK screens in February 2012.



<a href='http://video.uk.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=2tbzi15f&from=null&src=FLPl:embed::uuids' target='_new' title='MSN World Exclusive: Woman In Black - UK trailer' >Video: MSN World Exclusive: Woman In Black - UK trailer</a>

2 comments:

  1. To say I'm excited about this is an understatement; I was excited before I saw the trailor, having watched it I can't wait for the release. As a fan of scary movies this one looks reminscent of The Others, but dare I say better? I'm intrigued to see if Daniel can shake off the character of Potter and draw the audience into the film with a believable portrayal of an adult lawyer. If his be-stubbled jaw during the train journey was anything to go by then he may well have succeeded and Harry Potter, unfortunately for some, is well and truly laid to rest! CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'm convinced. I haven't read the book, but saw the play just a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was brilliant and very creatively staged.

    I'm not really a fan of ghost stories. I don't scare easily and tend to find them a bit silly. Will be interesting to see whether the tension builds as well in the film as it did in the play.

    ReplyDelete