Wednesday 12 December 2012

Les Misérables Film Review

I had the absolute pleasure this week of seeing Tom Hooper's new musical film adaptation of Les Misérables which boasts an all-star cast that includes Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried... the list is endless. Let me just say, it's 24 hours later and I still can't get it out of my head. It's raw, powerful and totally captivating - even with Russell Crowe as Javert. 

I'm afraid I haven't read the Victor Hugo book but I have seen and loved the stage production and can say that it does the musical justice. It isn't as neat and precise as the stage show but brings something new in its authentic feel.

I highly recommend checking it out - whether or not you are a fan of musicals - if only for Anne Hathaway's interpretation of the infamous I Dreamed a Dream. Stunning cinema.

For my full review, check out Filmoria. The film is out in the US at the end of December and on January 11th in the UK.

Enjoy! x

(If you have read the book, I'd love to know how it compares...)

No comments:

Post a Comment